- I have learned that WJBF is a program that addresses the issues that youth labeled as “at-risk” or incorrigible face. There is no other program that I as an educator haveÂ encountered that deals directly with the urgent need of prevention and intervention. My students are “Broken”, broken homes, relationships, poverty, gang violence drugs/alcohol addiction etc. They are in and out of the court systems. WJBF address the emotional issues that are at the basis of their anger & hate. Children don’t need to be continually punished but provided with a chance for healing and forgiveness. Fix whatâ€™s broken! WJBF gives children without hope, HOPE! It helps them discover their voice to stand up for themselves in a healthy manner.
- I learned how to express my feelings in ways Iâ€™ve never imagined. I learned that everyone has problems also that some people issues are larger than my own and I need to check myself.
- The highlight of the Academy was meeting great people who give me courage and inspiration to become something in life. I also want to have something similar or WJBF to be something I do for life.
- I learned that I do not have to hold in my emotions any longer. That I can cry and tell my problems
- I learned trust, I learned that it is okay to open up and keep it real with others. I learned that everyone has feelings and that everyone has a unique story. I learned how to be a comforter and how simply itâ€™s okay for a man to release and let go. It makes for me to be a better man
- I learned that the longer you run from your issues the bigger they become. Itâ€™s ok to cry (as a man), that others have the same or bigger problems. That people (the WJBF family) do Care!!
- I learned that holding your emotions in is not healthy. I learned that not only you go through struggles in life but everyone does. Living without a struggle is nonexistent. We the people affect the world.
- How to love myself for who I am. How to express my feelings.
- I learned that it’s not my fault and that I am someone.
- I learned how to use my mind & knowledge to combat ignorance instead of using violence. I learned that I am similar to a lot more people than I expected that love is more powerful than anything if truly applied.
- I learned how to deal with situations in life which can determine life and death, also whether or not you will have a b
- right or dull future. Life is about making choices and WJBF helps you understand how to make the right one.
- My experience at the WJBF I feel is very essential in my life. My experience and learningâ€™s ranged from alienating grief and pain kept within. Life issues we all go through ranging from a youth to an adult, an understanding about different cultures, races in the world today. And most of all the power of unity and how we all can make a difference in the world starting with us.
- I learned a lot about myself and this Academy showed me how to care for others around me I could never image. I learned how to bring people up instead of passing them by of putting them down
- I learned that you can open yourself up to trust people.Â I’m not all people.Â I also learn it’s ok to cry sometimes
- The Academy a great way to find a meaning and purpose in life. I found my voice and I’m pretty sure any new comers would too!
- I believe in this program 100% maybe even 110%. This program can change anybody life no matter how much they have been through.
- I don’t think thereâ€™s anyway it can improve. The whole WJBF Academy is perfect in many ways. It teaches people about the real world and some of the stuff that really happens.